Friday, April 29, 2011

3 weeks in Sweden – ready for 10mila

Maps from Rånässtafetten 3 weeks ago I moved to Lidingö, and the first period has gone fast, since I have been busy with moving into my apartment, working with hittaut.nu for Lidingö, training and running several competitions.

Maps from Stigtomtakavlen Except the weekend with SM Night and Sprint on Gotland I have stayed in the Stockholm area. Together with my club mates in IFK Lidingö I have been running the relays Rånässtafetten and Stigtomtakavlen, which have been good trainings before 10mila. I have also been able to do several orienteering trainings on different maps around the 10mila area. In the beginning I found the quite flat, stony and diffuse terrain around Stockholm difficult to both run and orienteer fast in. But last weekend I was able to do some good sessions here, since I was skipped the Elitserien in Jönköping, and now I feel a much better flow when I run in the terrain. In my DOMA you can find maps from all the races and some of the 10mila trainings.

Maps from 10mila training This weekend the big relay 10mila is held just south of Stockholm. I will run one of the last legs for IFK Lidingö. The atmosphere in the club is great, and I am looking forward to an exciting weekend. IFK Lidingö was last year 7th in the men’s class, and won the women’s class, so we have to perform our best to follow up these results. You can follow the whole relay live through 10mila’s online services.

Kvaal Østerbø blir «svensk», Adressa.no

No comments:

Post a Comment